Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Kids and school.

My kids are going back to school today.
I called yesterday to talk with them; they are apprehensive about it but both are playing it down! They are dealing with it very well. I guess, in part, they are excited, looking forward to seeing their friends and all that, (although I don’t think they will admit to wanting to go back to school).
I find I am anxious for them both, doubly so I think. It’s hard for me - I am not there. They are heading out with their new clothes, supplies, and stories of summer; and the excitement and energy only a child can contain, and I am here, probably as excited as they are but with nowhere to direct it! I know they will have a good first day on their own, but I’d like to be sharing it with them – it’s a big day!
My thoughts are with them – I’ll call them again this evening.

No comments: