Thursday, December 03, 2009

Sometimes, it's so worth it!

"It's the simple things".

Such an easy statement to say but sometimes the results just catch me off guard...
I helped a friend this evening and now I feel ... unexpectedly good about it!

I didn't really do anything special, but judging from her reaction, and that of her family, I know they really appreciated it.

So now, I am sitting here tonight, smiling like the "Cheshire Cat", guilty that I am pleased with doing something so simple, and getting such a huge return.

Sometimes, it is so worth it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It sure was worth it to your friend and her family. I'm thinking there aren't a lot of people who would tie a 7 foot tree to the roof of their pristinely maintained car and drive it 30 Km so that someone else could enjoy the aesthetic, traditional benefits of said tree. But without your help, they might have resorted to moving a wilted potted plant to the corner of the living room, stringing some lights on it and calling it Christmas. A few stockings, strategically hung with care, might have enhanced the effect, but truly, you blessed a family. Thank you again. Jennie :)
p.s. Incidentally, it turned out to be possibly the last Christmas my sons and I will have spent together as a family unit, since my eldest has moved to a different province, more than a day's drive away. Yes, it was a special Christmas.