Sunday, February 14, 2010

40 Something Sucks

Dating in my 40's sucks!
It used to be so easy - I had my ideals of what is and what should be and they were all I needed however a recent, kind of relationship destroyed my "black and white" rules of engagement.

It used to be that when in a relationship I committed to and demanded monogamy, both physical and emotional. Now, since I've been dating mostly girls who are not single, there was little need to concern myself with that! What's more, I never really knew the husbands or other "partners" so jealousy was never a concern either - like I said, it was easy, (on me especially).

So what? Well, in an effort to change things up and get on a path, I cleared house, kind of. I am not dating anyone of late and so, here I am today, (Valentines day!) not dating any one and realizing that the silence in my apartment is too loud.

I could go back to dating married girls, but that is leaving me empty, I don't trust in monogamy and that all accumulates to ... an empty apartment.
Dating in my 40's sucks!

No comments: