Sunday, February 14, 2010

40 Something Sucks

So, I turned 40 last year - yeay me; it has been a very difficult year personally, professionally and romantically.

It's probably just the the infamous "mid life crisis" but I think, more than just that. I made some life style changes, started several "projects", (work things, eating vegetarian, dropped 25 lbs) to break out of the slump that 40 put me into but nothing pulls my head out of the sand. I even went so far as to buy a motorcycle, (I just couldn't be the balding 40 year old ass in a Corvette or convertible sports car) but here I am a year later and still struggling.

I have decided that I am thoroughly unhappy with my career. Monster number 1.

It's not the people I work with, they are great but there's simply no personal reward in it anymore, (it was never big money but I stayed at it because it was mostly fun...now it isn't that either). So now I am debating a career change; I am also debating whether to move to another city to change things up. I have even been thinking I could head down to the US, or further, Australia? New Zealand, Ireland? Who knows? I certainly don't at this point, but I have concluded that I can't reasonably make such a large decision until I get my head out of the mir it's in!

to be continued...

Creed

"Wrong Way"

What makes you touch?
What makes you feel?
What makes you stop and smell the roses in an open field?
What makes you unclean?...

No comments: