Sunday, May 30, 2010

Biking again

Despite the great weather we've been experiencing here lately it's not until this past Sunday that i finally got out trail riding again - I've been afraid to hit the streets, (so many killed in the recent past) and the shared use paths are not really shared use, (freaking prejudiced pedestrian!)!

First ride of season = first crash of season!

I rode in the Kanata Lakes/South March Highlands area - this is a really great area offering all the challenge I can handle and more. Aside from the physical challenge of the trails, (some of it is beyond me and I hike more than ride) but there is also the challenge of finding my way too!

There's something ... therapeutic about that kind of riding. Concentrate on keeping the rubber side down, concentrate on maneuvering the obstacles and all the while, zoning out the crap of the day to day grind. Physical pain to clear the soul!

Woot, can't wait to fix my bike and head out again, (I did mention a crash yes?!)

No comments: