Saturday, May 15, 2010

Stop the Spinning...

What is it that drives us to do what we do? How is it that we keep working when it's become...boring, (how do I keep myself...motivated)?

There's no reward in it anymore; I can make a computer dance and sing, configure up enterprise level applications, squeal a database and write my own program when I need it.

Yeehaw.

It used to be that there was some reward in it and that was enough to push me on to the next project and so on; and at times the money reflected the effort - but I've lost all interest.

I hung out with a friend Friday evening, (she's a cool chic and we always seem to have some really intense and revealing conversations over a bottle of red); but there's a problem with having friends that are as smart as she...they are smart - and there's no BS with her! In our conversation she hit on some of the very things that have been spinning my head, (I am not sure she realized how close she cut).

Anyway...she has an enthusiasm from her work that lights up her face when she's telling me about it! She was quite animated telling describing her latest deliverable, (and rightfully so, it was good). I had to grill her about what keeps her going at it. She understood right off but couldn't really shed any light, just share her excitement and passion.

the search continues...

No comments: